Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arts Fun! 3 - Story Drawing with Your Kid!

I call it a "story drawing", because we tell a story when we are drawing the picture :)

I'm not sure how many of you have done it, but I still remember vividly how this activity formed part of my childhood. When I was in primary school, there was this little boy sitting beside me. Whenever we had breaks in between of the lessons, he would invite me to draw a picture with him. The title can be anything set by him, a garden, a space tour in the universe, a picnic or anything that he could think of. We would take turn to draw an object on the paper, and form a story when we were drawing. It was a very fun process, and I picked up some drawing skill from him.

Last Saturday, I thought of this activity and told Chloe my idea of doing a joint drawing with her, with a story in mind. She happily accepted the challenge.

We started the story by saying it was a fine and sunny day. She drew the sun (which looked like rambutan to me, haha! ).

When it was my turn, I drew a house which I though might be too difficult for her to draw. She said that was our house, and she drew herself standing beside the house. I then drew a tree beside her drawing.

We enjoyed ourselves drawing the picture together. It was fun hearing her talking from her point of view. For example she drew her brother without hair, but herself with long hair, she said her brother is a baby the hair is not grown out yet.

She requested to colour the picture. I let her choose the colours but I would give her some suggestions. I also did some enhancement over her colouring to show her how to make the drawing looked better.

 Our finished product:

She enjoyed this activity as much as I did. At night, she placed the drawing beside her bed when she was sleeping.
I hope this post does give you idea on what to do with your kid when you have the extra time. It is a very easy activity and can be completed within 30 minutes. Through the activity, you'll be able to enhance your bonding with your kid, and understand your kid better.

So, happy drawing with your kid! :)

If you like my Art Fun!, please like the Facebook page "Learn The Fun Way" for more updates.

Lastly, a very happy Chinese new year to all!

Development age: 4 years 1 month
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

List of my Art Fun!:
1) Fun with colours
2) Chinese New Year Drawing

Do also visit my A to Z fun classes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting